General Installation Info:
Heat Siphon® needs fresh air so it must be outdoor in the open - NO PUMP ROOMS OR SHEDS (for indoor installations call factory) and it should be downstream of the pump and filter and upstream of any chlorinators. DO NOT INSTALL WITH IN FLOOR CLEANING SYSTEMS IN SAME PUMP LOOP.
Heat Siphon® is plumbed right into your pool or spa filter circulating system just like a length of PVC pipe. AND NO COPPER HEAT SINK PIPES are required. Just plumb standard 1.5" or 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe directly into Heat Siphon®'s heat exchanger (2" requires female adapter fitting). DO NOT INSTALL WITH IN FLOOR CLEANING SYSTEMS IN SAME PUMP LOOP.
220 volt ac electric power from a dedicated circuit breaker is the only "fuel" required to power the unit.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- MINIMUM OF 25 GPM POOL PUMP WATER FLOW (80 GPM MAX)
- DEDICATED 220 VOLT AC CIRCUIT BREAKER (ALL Domestic Heat Siphon Models)
WHAT"S NOT REQUIRED:
- NO PILOT LIGHT TO BLOW OUT AND RELIGHT
- NO FLAMES OR HOT COMBUSTION GAS VENT STACKS
- NO DANGER OF EXPLOSION
- NO GAS PROPANE OR OIL PIPING LINES TO RUN OR BURY
- NO GAS PROPANE OR OIL TANKS ABOVE OR BELOW GROUND
- NO COPPER HEAT SINKS TO PREVENT PVC PIPE FROM MELTING
- NO WIND BREAKS TO SHELTER BURNER FLAME
- NO UNSIGHTLY SOLAR COLLECTORS